- Develops products and prepares samples from concept to commercialisation according to McCormick business processes and as directed by the Product Development Manager/Sr. Technologist
- Assists in the preparation of documentation relating to Product Development activities. This includes but is not limited to ingredient statements, nutritional composition, product specifications, costings and regulatory and compliance checks for new products
- Scales up formulations from benchtop samples, to pilot plant, to factory scale and supervises factory trials as well as first commercialization
- Provides technical support to other team members and cross functional team members as required
- Interface with customer's innovation team and respond to project requests as directed
- Partner with procurement and QA in new material/ ingredient sourcing and evaluate suitability for product. Interact with suppliers and ingredient consultants to keep abreast of new products and technologies
- B.Sc Food Science/Food Technology/ Process Engineering
- 2-3 years of relevant product development experience in the food industry.
- Requires self-motivation and initiative. Able to work within a team. Organized with good time management and an ability to cope with multiple tasks/projects. Strong attention to detail and excellent record keeping. Able to communicate with a broad range of people and build relationships across functions. Professional presentation skills would be an advantage.
- Ability to communicate technical information clearly and in a simple and easy to understand manner
Competent in the use of Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook with an understanding of basic statistics
- Must be able to logically plan out the technical process for new product development ensuring quality and food safety are maintained.
- Preferable to be familiar with risk assessment processes and able to evaluate benefits vs possible risks/issues and identify ways to mitigate risk during the development process
- Ability to "think on your feet" during product development and plant trials
- Prefer : B.Sc. Food Science / Technology,or related subject
- Prefer : Sensory training and training in quality processes would be beneficial
Able to work at Amata I.E. Phase10 Panthong, Chonburi
McCormick & Company is a global leader in flavor and one of the most respected and familiar names in the industry. In business for more than 125 years, McCormick manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavorful products to the entire food industry—retail outlets, food manufacturers and food service businesses. McCormick is a team of more than 10,000 employees located around the world – and we’re growing. If you have a passion for flavor and you’re ready to take a journey, come have a seat at our table.