The Head of Housekeeping reports directly to the Director of Business Services and is responsible for the administrative services in the school. In particular, the Head of Housekeeping will:
• be responsible for cleaning the whole areas of the school;
• be responsible for plants, trees, flowers, grasses, gardens and fields;
• be responsible for pest control;
• be responsible for hygiene products in bathrooms;
• supervise and oversee staff and team to achieve effective tasks and be in the discipline;
• control the budget and supplies disbursement e.g. toilet paper, tissue paper, paper drinking cone etc.
• promote and improve in working standard of staff and team;
• summarise and report monthly expenses to Accounts Department (cleaning, gardening and fields, and hygiene products);
• plan and delegate manpower, and will supervise and evaluate staff and team;
• follow up all tasks assigned promptly and ad-hoc problem-solving;
• report and take action in all tasks assigned by the Line Manager;
• manage obstacles in working environment regarding safety as the main priority, keeping fire exits clear and clean at all times;
• be responsible for cleanliness on Shrewsbury-Chatrium shuttle boats including all life-saving equipment on board;
• maintain all working equipment and tools to be in good condition and ready to be used;
• maintain furniture and all properties of the school to use last longer;
• report all items needed to be fixed and repaired items to technicians to process for the next stage;
• supervise and oversee readiness of all tasks assigned before the school activities starts, and clean up after the events finish e.g. sports competition, school fair, any other annual traditional days etc.
Shrewsbury is one of South East Asia’s outstanding international schools, with enrolment of 1800 students from Early Years to Sixth Form, exceptional examination results and particular strengths in the creative arts, design and sport. The school itself enjoys a delightful and spectacular setting, right on the banks of the Chao Phraya River in the heart of Bangkok. The school is readily accessed by road and boats, which provide an easy and quick link to Bangkok’s Skytrain and the city centre. The link with Shrewsbury School UK (www.shrewsbury.org.uk) is taken very seriously and, year-on-year, develops into a world-class educational partnership.
Shrewsbury International School is committed to Safeguarding and Child Protection promoting the welfare of children. The successful candidate will be required to
attend in-house Child Safeguarding programmes
promote and safeguard the welfare of all students in the school
report to the Child Protection Officer any concerns they have for the welfare of a student. This may include unsafe practices witnessed within the school as outlined in the school’s Speak Out (Whistleblowing) Policy.
keep professional relationships with students where personal boundaries are respected and maintained
seek advice from a Line Manager or Child Protection Officer with issues or concerns related to Child Safeguarding.
Satisfactory Thai Police Criminal Record check
Confirmation of identity (Driving License / Passport/National ID card).
Verification of qualifications and work experience
How to Apply:
Applications will be only be accepted on the official Shrewsbury International School Application Form, which is available on the school website “Job Vacancies” page.
Full details of the school are available on our website at www.shrewsbury.ac.th
Any queries should be forwarded to email@example.com
1922 Chroen Krung Road, Wat Prayakrai, Bang Kholame, Bangkok 10120