Bachelor's Degree or Higher
The Senior Social Sustainability Manager manages the implementation of the company’s social sustainability strategy for TAL Apparel.
The successful candidate drives TAL’s social sustainability progress for the group to ensure TAL is a recognized leader in social sustainability in the garment industry and enhance TAL’s competitiveness in the market. This includes maintaining platforms for sharing social sustainability projects, standards, data collection, analysis, reporting, training, as well as providing expert advice to the group on social sustainability issues as they arise and to advocate for the importance of social sustainability within TAL and with our external stakeholders.
The successful candidate will be able to participate in multi-stakeholder initiatives related to social sustainability worldwide, and at the same time be able to see real impact on the ground being practiced within the group.
- The position holder is responsible and accountable for (but not limited to) the following:
- Contribute to the development and the implementation of the TAL’s sustainability strategy
- In partnership with Head of Sustainability, develop a 3-year plan social sustainability plan and targets to ensure continuous improvement across the group
- Develop, enhance, and communicate TAL’s social sustainability standards across the group.
- Manage the social metric data collection, validation, analysis, and reporting
- Ensure TAL’s management has up-to-date knowledge of social sustainability laws, regulations, international and industry standards, and emerging industry issues that may impact the company
- Maintain good communication and working relationship with factory management to help drive implementation of TAL’s social sustainability strategy and standards.
- Support communication between factory management and customers on social sustainability audits, corrective action plans, issue resolution, and improvement opportunities
- Ensure sub-contractors meet TAL’s social sustainability standards and support scheduling of audits
- Provide training to factory management to support the implementation of TAL’s social sustainability standards and provide briefings as necessary on developing issues.
- Drive the roll-out and continuous improvement of the Higg Index Facility Social Labor Module (FSLM)
- Collaborate with the Sustainable Apparel Coalition and Social Labor Convergence Project within work groups to support the continuous improvement and development of the Converged Assessment Framework.
- Contribute to the writing of TAL’s biennial sustainability reports
- Strong passion for social sustainability and desire for solving sustainability challenges in a business context.
- University graduate with 8+ years of relevant work experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability
- High commitment to quality and detail oriented
- Ability to work on multiple different topics in a fast-paced environment
- Process and system oriented
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, team player, and can work in multi-cultural work environment
- Strong service-orientation, result driven, independent and proactive
- Proficiency in Microsoft office, especially Excel
- Proficiency in English language
- Travel required 15 -20% of time (Hong-Kong, China, Thailand, Vietnam & Ethiopia)
Preferably the successful candidate will be based in Hong Kong. However, there is an option for position to be located at our factories in Vietnam (Vin Phuc, Thai Binh, Hanoi), Thailand (Bangkok area).
We offer a 5-day working week, a competitive remuneration package, generous fringe benefits and excellent on-the-job training.
To apply, please send your full resume, including salary expectation and availability, to Human Capital Management Department. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. All information will be kept in strict confidence and will be used for employment purpose only.
- Provident Fund
- Staff training and development
- Marriage gift
- Social security
- Health insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Ordination leave
- Employee's uniform
Thai Garment Export Co., Ltd.
The TAL Group is a world leader in apparel manufacturing. Our 25,000 employees in South East Asia make 1 in every 6 dress shirts sold in the USA. Headquartered in Hong Kong with 10 production plants in Thailand, China, Vietnam, Indonesia, and Malaysia.
Our leading edge technologies, our innovative products, our value-added supply chain services and our deep commitment to our distinguished customers, suppliers and employees have made us a “partner of choice” for over 60 years!
We require top notch people for the following very important positions. Come and work in our modern factories, modern management and join the most advanced garment manufacturer in the world.
Don’t expect us only sewing but we are “Apparel Innovative Manufacturing”
129 Moo 4, Petchkasem Rd., Ohmnoi, Krathumban, Samutsakorn 74130
Human Capital Department
0-2833-7052 Fax 0-2833-7099