E Smart Transport Company Limited
is a subsidiary of Energy Absolute Public Company Limited, which operates the electric ferry on Chao Phraya River. Currently, the company is operating the electric ferry titled “MINE SMART FERRY”
under the concept of Corporate Social Innovation (CSI) with the full capacity and innovations of Catamaran boat, supported by the electric charging technology which stores power in the Lithium-ion Battery to create the 1st electric ferry fully made by Thai people. As the electric ferry helps reduce air and noise pollution and be environmentally-friendly, it was conferred the National Innovation Award 2020.
There are 23 boats in service in the project. The route starts from Phra Nang Klao Pier to Sathon Pier (22 km.). In addition, the company collaborates with the Marine Department in developing the public piers, including Phra Phuttha Yodfa Bridge Pier and Phra Pin Klao Pier to facilitate the people and the tourists who take waterway transportation with emphasis on the multimodal transportation (bus-rail-boat) in the form of (Seamless Transportation) while effectively supporting the cashless society.
Vision and Mission
The word MINE stands for “Mission No Emission” which aims at responding to the management’s intention to make the company become the leader in alternative energy industry and fully enter the electric vehicle industry with MINE Bus, MINE SPA1 and MINE Smart Ferry with the aim of becoming the leader in 100% Thai-made electric ferry service in terms of transportation and tourism with the highest standards and sustainable effectiveness.
Our Products and Services
The company is operating the electric ferry on Chao Phraya River as follows:
Highlights of the electric ferry in the project
- The ferry wholly made of alumimium in Catamaran shape for balance. It causes less wave while moving and it is energy-efficient.
- It has electric drive system using Lithium-Ion Battery results in no air, water, and noise pollution.
- The passenger cabin is air-conditioned and spacious. It is equipped with modern technology and public relations system. The destination information is announced on a large LED screen where the details and entertainment are shown. Moreover, the ferry is installed with standard security system for ferry.
- The passengers can get on and off the ferry conveniently and safely as the level of ferry ground is almost equal to the level of the pier. Access is made through the side door which is widely open in the same manner as the electric vehicle and controlled by the rider who monitors through CCTV in the bridge while the passengers are getting on and off the ferry.
- CCTVs are installed within the ferry as part of the monitoring system.
- Disinfectant is sprayedunder the standard safety cleaning.
Service Provision Plan
- Regular route ferry: There are 23 ferries in total. The frequency of service is 5-10 minutes during rush hours. The service was partially provided in 2020 and will be fully provided in 2021.
- Tourist ferry: There are 4 ferries available to serve the tourists at the heart of Bangkok. The service will be ready in 2021.