The LFIB is recruiting a full-time school nurse (40-hour workweek)
starting on the November 6, 2023
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Identify the ailment and provide care or treatment to students who come to the nurse room.
- Provide first aid to students injured during sport competitions.
- Accompany teachers and students on occasional overnight field trips.
- If necessary, refer the student to the appropriate person/department within the School (School Counsellor, School Psychologist, etc.)
- Make an informed decision whether the student is fit to go back to class or should be sent home or to the hospital in case of emergency.
- Contact parents by phone when necessary based on the student’s condition and necessary treatment.
- Provide a report to parents following a student’s visit to the nurse room.
- Strictly follow the student healthcare protocol established by the school and report to the School Manager. For some students with special needs, administer the medication as instructed by the family doctor and parents.
- Record the details of care on a database and send a daily report at the end of the day to the School Manager.
- Respect patient confidentiality.
- Carry out education and prevention activities in order to:
• propose preventive health measures and action plans for the school,
• actively contribute to the actions to raise awareness on specific health issues and preventive behaviours with the collaboration of teaching and educational staff when applicable,
• collaborate in the training of first aid and basic life support (if qualified),
- Contribute to the integration and follow-up of students with disabilities or chronic illnesses
- Participate in mandatory medical check-ups (kindergarten and primary)
- Manage the school first aid equipment and stocks
- Other specific missions at the request of the LFIB management team