To provide Head of BU Finance with advice on BU’s business performance and improvement opportunities driven from financial analysis, and the results of the related improvement initiatives needed to achieve the agreed contribution to factory financial outcomes.
1. Business Improvement Opportunities
• Analysis Methodology: identify and get approval for appropriate financial and operational data analysis methodologies from COO & Head of Finance for meeting management’s information needs.
• Continuous Improvement of Analysis: continuously improve the effectiveness of the current analysis.
• Opportunities: identify factory’s business performance improvement opportunities through financial and operational data analysis as well as business performance reports, to be presented to Head of BU Finance.
Assist and support Head of BU Finance in communicating Division policy to Factory management team
Answer queries and initiate further analysis as needed.
Understand from Regional Finance team for any changes in local jurisdiction which will impact the Factory financial results.
• Sustained Improvements: monitor the “Stickiness” and post-implementation benefits for the improvements and highlight to management team as needed. Investigate and take appropriate actions for improvements that fails to meet the post-implementation benefits.
2. Financial Analyses
• Monthly BU/Factory Performance Report: prepare the monthly BU/Factory Management Book with rolling forecast and other factory’s financial report such as cost model, highlight to Head of BU Finance and BU/Factory core team on any improvement and risk areas
• Monthly/Quarterly Business Reviews: compile reports to be used in the review, highlight findings to Head of BU Finance
• Adhoc Financial Analyses: prepare financial simulations per Head of BU Finance’s request at Factory/BU level
• Return on Investment Analyses: review and validate the ROI analyses for CAPEX spending.
• Key Performance Indicator Analysis: initiate study to assess impact on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to different operations of operational changes.
• Organizational Changes: propose to Head of BU Finance if any change on factory performance report is needed if there is an organizational change which will impact the factory performance. Support Head of BU Finance in aligning reporting changes with BU President.
3. Annual Budgeting
• Budgeting Process: support Head of BU Finance in the budgeting process to
Coordinate with all functions within the BU/Factory to provide all the necessary budget information, review and validate the reasonableness of information given.
Prepare the budget plan including but not limited to profit and loss, costing and CAPEX planning.
Assess the reasonableness of the budget plan and identify any improvement and risk areas and bring to the attention to BU Finance Head
4. Finance team Analytical Capability
• Training: provide training to BU Finance and SSC teams on financial analysis tools, methodologies to enhance their analytical capability and ability to effectively communicate with management on business performance
5. Managerial Leadership
• Business Context: communicates the “bigger picture” context in which direct reports need to plan and execute work (e.g. world, country, industry, Group, customer and inter-departmental considerations.)
• Collaborative Teamwork: establishes process for meeting regularly and working collaboratively between departments.
• Direct Report Performance Management*: agrees on SMART goals and assignments with individual direct reports and provide continuous managerial guidance and feedback. Provides support for enhancing performance in the current role, conduct mid-year progress reviews and determine year-end performance appraisal ratings.
6. Alignment with TAL Core Values and Culture
• Personal Alignment: understands and personally commits to the Division’s core values and culture.
• “Walk the Talk”: leads by example and behave consistently with the Division’s core values and culture.
• Reinforcement and Support: communicates and visibly uses the Division’s core values as guidelines for daily decision making. Supports Division initiatives to reinforce the core values and culture.
• Coaching: coaches direct reports to behave consistently with the Division’s core values and culture.
7. Personal Effectiveness
• Assessment: takes accountability for self-assessment of how to improve own personal effectiveness in the current role.
• Feedback: asks for feedback regarding personal effectiveness from relevant parties.
• Development Plan: proactively discusses ways for improving personal effectiveness with direct manager. Seeks opportunities for learning and growth. Participates fully in development opportunities provided by the Division and consciously applies the learning from the development programs.
Working Location: Omnoi, Samut Sakhon
The TAL Group is a world leader in apparel manufacturing. Our 25,000 employees in South East Asia make 1 in every 6 dress shirts sold in the USA. Headquartered in Hong Kong with 10 production plants in Thailand, China, Vietnam, Indonesia, and Malaysia.
Our leading edge technologies, our innovative products, our value-added supply chain services and our deep commitment to our distinguished customers, suppliers and employees have made us a “partner of choice” for over 60 years!
We require top notch people for the following very important positions. Come and work in our modern factories, modern management and join the most advanced garment manufacturer in the world.
Don’t expect us only sewing but we are “Apparel Innovative Manufacturing”