At Black & Veatch, our employee-owners go beyond the project. For over a century, we have been breaking down social, economic and geographic barriers by making life's critical resources accessible to all. Working with us, you will help provide critical expertise as we, along with our valued clients, deliver solutions that positively impact communities around the world. Our professionals are our greatest asset, and we believe nothing is more important than the health, happiness and professional growth of our employee-owners. With a focus on flexible work-life balance options, an expanding and diverse workforce, and limitless career growth opportunities, we will give you our best to help you give us your best, and together we can build a world of difference.
Thai local position functions in a mid-level engineer capacity, or technical specialist. Under general supervision, performs all aspects of conventional design engineering and analysis. Broadens knowledge and skill set in area of discipline. May start to expand knowledge in other disciplines and/or functional areas.
- Continues to learn and remains current on departmental design guides, standards, systems, applicable engineering codes and Black and Veatch policies and procedures
- Applies to assigned tasks as appropriate
Quality / Continuous Improvement:
- Begins to independently apply knowledge and complies with Black and Veatch quality program relative to assigned tasks
- Supports continuous improvement and change management efforts
- Prepares a variety of moderately complex engineering deliverables
- Performs complex research and develops recommendations for equipment and/or materials selection
- Collects, assimilates, and manages data for engineering work
- Prepares complex engineering calculations following standard methods and principles
- Understands and adheres to budget, schedule, and quality requirements
- Recognizes, defines and resolves problems within assigned area
- May provide direction and guidance to others
- Assigns tasks to and coordinates with other internal/external team members on less complex projects
- Initiates contact with other disciplines as needed to identify and coordinate details of the work
- Actively seeks to understand client interests and drivers through normal client contact and through interaction and communication with project leadership.
- Applies understanding of client interests and drivers to their own behavior and performance of the work under his/her responsibility.
- May provide support to business development or pursuit activities.
Knowledge Sharing, Innovation and Technology:
- Shares current knowledge of latest technology and processes
- People Management - (supervision, career development, training, mentoring):
- May assist with performance management process, mentoring, recognition, and any corrective actions required